Avenir Light is a clean and stylish font favored by designers. It's easy on the eyes and a great go to font for titles, paragraphs & more.
RACIAL EQUITY IN
ARTS LEADERSHIP (REAL)
REAL's Relaunch for 2021-2022
Racial Equity in Arts Leadership (REAL) is a learning cohort and research partnership between Metro Arts and the Vanderbilt Curb Center for Art, Enterprise & Public Policy. This re-launched learning series is back by popular demand. REAL is actively seeking applications from leaders within cultural arts nonprofits who are interested in exploring the role of racial and class equity in the arts ecosystem in Nashville.
Cohort members will meet beginning September 17, 2021 through February 2022 on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. for lectures, workshops, and discussions about race and class inequities, with 12-1 p.m. reserved for optional networking and lunch. These Friday sessions will culminate with a mandatory 2.5-day training, Understanding and Analyzing Systemic Racism, led by Crossroads Antiracism. Selected cohort members will then have the opportunity to continue to meet for project design and implementation support through the spring and summer of 2022.
Questions? Please email program coordinator Natalie Alfaro Frazier.
FY22 REAL Cohort Schedule
• 9/17/2021 - “Art of Healing” Show Opening, Curb Center
• 9/24/2021 - Week 1: Welcome to REAL
• 10/1/2021 - Week 2: Beginning Together, Building Community, and Establishing a Dialogue
• 10/2/2021 - Mandatory Saturday Crossroads Training Part 1 (Virtual)
• 10/8/2021 - Week 3: Bias
• 10/15/2021 - Week 4: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in the Art
• 10/22/2021 - Week 5: Intersectionality
• 10/29/2021 - Week 6: Representation and Storytelling
• 11/5/2021 - Week 7: Representation and Identity
• 11/12/2021 - Week 8: Healing and Trauma
Racial Equity and Arts Leadership
• 11/19/2021 - Week 9: Equity in the Arts: Arts Leadership
• 12/3/2021 - Week 10: Equity in the Arts: Artists
• 12/10/2021 - Creating a Culture for Diverse Leadership
• 1/7/2022 - Week 12 Navigating Challenges in Organizations
• 1/14/2022 - Week 13: Arts Entrepreneurship
• 1/21/2022- Week 14: Arts Policy
• 1/28/2022 - Week 15: Art Thinking
Putting into Practice to Enact Change
• 2/4/2022 - Week 16: Community Engagement and the Arts
• 2/11/2022 - Week 17: The Native Population in Nashville
• 2/18/2022 - Week 18: Literary Symposium: REAL Alumni Collective Presentation
• Spring TBD: Crossroads Training Part Two: Understanding and Analyzing Systemic Racism 2.5 Day Training
If selected for the cohort, each participant will receive reading materials in advance of each session. Each cohort member must agree to participate in program evaluation, and if interested, will support future programs and sessions related to race, class, and gender inequity for other cultural organizations.
More About REAL